Teachable’s Sales Pitch Worksheet
Use this workbook to follow along and craft your own powerful sales pith!
How to use this worksheet:
Just go to File and click on Make a copy to save a version of this worksheet on your own Google Drive.
Alternatively, you can go to File, click on Download as, and select Microsoft Word.
Before your start: What is your product and who is your target audience
Write down short descriptions
- Your product/course:
- Your target audience:
Step 1: Identify the need
Answer the following questions focusing exclusively on your target customers.
- What is your target customer struggling with?
- What do they want to accomplish?
- What are the biggest obstacles preventing them from reaching their goal?
Step 2: Communicate value
Answer these questions by focusing on benefits and NOT features:
- What does your potential customer want to accomplish?
- How can you solve that problem for them?
- What is the product that will deliver on that promise?
Step 3: Writing an exciting, specific, and benefit-driven name
Answer these questions to come up with a story for your pitch:
- Why are you qualified to offer a solution to your target customer’s problems?
- What allowed you to create the product that will solve their problem?
- Which anecdote or story reflects your struggle towards solving this problem for yourself?
Step 4: Write your pitch
Put your pitch together using your answers to the questions above, by following this sales copy formula:
- Write an attention-grabbing headline
- Tell your personal story (problem)
- Present the end of your journey (how you got to the solution)
- Connect your story with the reader’s story
- Present a shortcut to the solution (product)
- Explain the benefits
- Present the offer
- Call to action
- (Optional) Add a bonus and introduce scarcity
Write your sales pitch:
That’s it! Now go get ‘em!