Since I’ve now gathered more than a hundred quotes, I decided to comb through them and select the best nuggets of wisdom.
Here they are:
- “Begin by always expecting good things to happen.”
- “For every sale you miss because you’re too enthusiastic, you will miss a hundred because you’re not enthusiastic enough.”
- “All things being equal, people will do business with, and refer business to, those people they know, like, and trust.”
- “Treat objections as requests for further information.”
- “The best way to sell yourself to others is first to sell the others to yourself.”
- “Ninety percent of selling is conviction and 10 percent is persuasion.”
- “Obstacles are necessary for success because in selling, as in all careers of importance, victory comes only after many struggles and countless defeats.”
- “One of the best predictors of ultimate success … isn’t natural talent or even industry expertise, but how you explain your failures and rejections.”
–Daniel H. Pink
- “If you are not taking care of your customer, your competitor will.”
- “To build a long-term, successful enterprise, when you don’t close a sale, open a relationship.”
Those are my Top 10, but I’m willing to bet that you have one or more quotes that you find meaningful and helpful. If so, leave a comment below.