We all die. It’s an inescapable fact of life. Yet most of us go about our days as if we’re going to live forever.
We never take the leap to live life fully. Instead, we stay stuck in a hamster wheel that isn’t really going anywhere.
Now, imagine how much you will regret if you keep living your life exactly the same way you currently are. Scary, isn’t it?
So if you think there’s more to life than what you’re currently experiencing, then you might want to read this post carefully.
Ask yourself honestly, are you going to have these 50 deathbed regrets?
1) Not allowing yourself to fall in love.
It’s scary to let you guard down and fully bask in the glory of love. So many of us are “scared” to get hurt again. But when you’re lying on your deathbed, you’re going to remember the beautiful and loving moments you had with your closest ones, not the moments you got hurt.
2) Not travelling more.
The world is a big place and there’s so much to explore. Traveling is a beautiful way to learn about life and enrich your own.
3) Not learning a different language.
It will introduce you to a whole new culture and an entirely new perspective.
4) Being too busy for your loved ones.
Whether they’re your family or friends, you know who they are. At the end of it all, they’re the ones you’re going to be thankful for.
5) Letting the one you actually liked get away.
Who knows if it would of work out or not. But you’ll regret having never known.
6) Never mastering a hobby.
Find something you enjoy doing and go the extra mile. You’ll have fun, you’ll feel accomplished and you’ll learn something new!
7) Eating over-processed food.
It eventually catches up with you.
8) Not having more sex.
It gets harder with age. (Actually, softer).
9) Not taking calculated risks.
To achieve success and glory, you need to task risks.
10) Taking too many uncalculated risks.
You’ll realize that some risks really aren’t worth it. It’s up to you decide.
11) Surrounding yourself with toxic people.
The people you surround yourself with define much of who you are.
12) Spending time in a crappy relationship.
What’s the point in maintaining something that doesn’t make you happy?
13) Staying in too many nights.
Life isn’t a big party, but you need to have fun.
14) Being too busy.
Busy is good, but only if what you’re doing is actually productive. Don’t be too busy that you’re not enjoying life.
15) Spending too much time in the past and the future.
Life only exists in the present moment. Being worried about the future or regretting the past is a huge waste of time.
16) Not giving your all when it was needed.
You might have been too tired, but if you don’t give it your all, then you won’t get the most out of life.
17) Making excuses.
It may not be until your dying breath, but realizing that you have been lying to yourself your whole life is not at all pleasant.
18) Not making your own decisions.
Don’t let society dictate who you are and what you do. Make decisions for yourself.
19) Not being more social.
Social interactions are crucial to our happiness. Don’t be shy; say hi.
20) Not saving money for a rainy day.
It’s always good to have something to lean on in difficult times.
21) Saving all your money and not enjoying it.
Yes, it’s good to have a small cushion. But you need to have fun and enjoy life too.
22) Eating the same thing all the time.
Food is a big part of human culture. Not enjoying all the different tastes it has to offer is a waste.
23) Not taking responsibility for yourself.
It’s the only way to be mature and live a fruitful life.
24) Not quitting the job you can’t stand.
Life is short. You should never do something that you can’t stand.
25) Not crying or laughing enough.
We tend to avoid experiencing extreme emotions. But these emotions can be wonderful experiences or valuable teachers. Take the good with the bad and enjoy all that your complex emotions have to offer.
26) Never taking the time to truly get to know yourself.
Forget the ego. Underneath it all, we’re all complex and unique beings brimming with potential. Getting to know ourselves is one of the most fulfilling things we can do.
27) Spending time being someone you’re not.
Don’t waste your life pretending to be someone you’re not just to impress others. There’s no point spending even a day doing this.
28) Not putting a ring on it.
Commitment is a scary thing. But it’s all essential if you want to grow and produce something incredible together.
30) Not letting those you care about know that you care about them.
Actions speak louder than words. If you care about them, then you need to show it.
31) Not telling those you love them when they’re still around.
People aren’t around forever. It’s time to realize that and embrace every opportunity you have with your loved ones.
32) Giving in to your fears.
Everyone experiences fear. But it’s simply something that’s created in our heads. Danger is real, but in reality, there’s no need to fear anything.
33) Giving up.
We only get life once and there’s no dignity in giving up and not trying your best.
34) Blaming others for your circumstances.
Whether it’s true or not, it’s simply a waste of time. It’s better to focus on yourself and what action you can take right now.
35) Not taking the time to appreciate nature.
Nature is incredible and awesome, but only if we take the time to witness it. It’ll help you understand your place in the world.
36) Not aiming high enough.
We’re all capable of incredible things, but only if we push ourselves.
37) Not speaking your mind.
We all know what’s right and what’s wrong. Let your opinions be heard!
38) Following the herd.
You’re a complex human being brimming with incredible potential. Why would you just follow others?
39) Not loving with all your heart.
Loving deeply is the most incredible experience in life.
40) Not following your true passion.
If you’re not passionate about what you’re doing, then you’re not really living.
41) Not taking one huge risk.
We all need to take one big risks in our lives in order to feel that we really bet on ourselves and went all in.
42) Spending time feeling sorry for ourselves.
What’s the point?
43) Spending time worrying.
Worrying is useless. If you can fix it, then fix it. If you can’t, then why worry?
44) Spending time holding onto material objects.
They won’t give you happiness in the long run. It’s the experiences and memories you make that counts.
45) Holding grudges.
What’s the point in reliving your anger over and over?
46) Not helping others.
It’s one of those things that makes them feel good and you feel good. Win-win.
47) Not taking your parents advice.
Sometimes you don’t want to take advice from your parents, but the fact remains that a lot of their advice turns out to be reality.
48) Not quitting a bad habit.
Why did you smoke? Was having 15 drinks with your friends worth it for the toll on your body? It eventually catches up with you.
49) Caring what other people think about you.
In the end, what other people think doesn’t matter at all!
50) Not being appreciate for what you have right now.
If you’re always searching for something else, you’ll never be happy. There’s always something to be appreciative for right now.