As a business owner or salesperson, your biggest challenge is attracting a steady flow of ideal clients. ‘Selling’ people on how great your products or services are can feel inauthentic and sometimes cheesy. The internet is full of experts and systems that tell you that their process will create a magical spell over your revenue.
Countless business owners get sucked into the marketing vortex. It spins your brain like a washing machine and then spits you out feeling frazzled. Trying to implement even a fraction of the marketing strategies that involve social media, doing follow up and giving away free information can suck up all of your time.
I’ve got a different strategy.
I call it the ‘energetic red carpet’ process. It’s not complicated, it involves none of your team members and it can be done anytime and anywhere. Best of all, it’s free!
I’ll take you through it right now.
1. Release the belief that you need to change your website, create opt-in pages, and have your elevator speech nailed down in order to attract an abundance of ideal clients, customers or patients.
2. Close your eyes and take a nice deep breath in and then fully exhale with a sigh. Repeat this step several times until you feel centered and your shoulders and face are relaxed.
3. Imagine your business has an enormous storefront in a highly visible area with lots of foot and car traffic. Now click on a huge neon sign that says ‘open’ in the window. Next, see yourself rolling out a red carpet from the front door to the street. You are energetically calling forth your most ideal target market… right to your front door.
4. Notice how you feel while you energetically let the world know that you are open for business. You’re not hunting them down or doing backflips to get their attention. You are simply welcoming them into your space. Imagine hugging them and offering them something wonderful to drink.
5. Focus your energy on how they will feel once they use your products or services. Then ask your Inner Business Expert (A.K.A. your inner guidance), “What is the next action I should take to allow my ideal target market to say YES to doing business with me?”
6. Follow whatever guidance you are given.
How was that for you? Could you feel a calmness replace the frenetic energy around attracting new clients?
I’m not against marketing at all. In fact, I geek out on it! And I want you to relate to it as something you do to feel good about your business not to get business. When you market or sell with a desperate need for money behind your actions, it doesn’t feel good to you or your prospective clients.
When you energetically roll out the red carpet, they’ll be lining up at your door saying, “How soon can we start? Where do I sign?”
How can you attract clients with little marketing? Tell me below!