People prefer a good boss to a pay raise because
1) Bad bosses listen only to themselves.
Good leaders really listen! They provide feedback, they also love to receive feedback.
2) Good bosses develop strengths in their employees, bad bosses only criticize weaknesses.
3) Good leaders trust you to do your job, while bad ones micromanage your every step.
No trust, no leadership!
4) Good leaders give good employees the opportunity to grow, while bad ones see good employees as a threat to their own position.
5) Good bosses see the potential in you. They believe in you, even when others do not.
Work for good bosses. Life is to short for anything else!