Happy Employee Appreciation Day!
Employees are one of the company’s greatest assets. Recognition and appreciation are known as one of the key motivational factors in the workplace.
National Employee Appreciation Day is observed annually on the first Friday in March. National Employee Appreciation Day was created in 1995 by Bob Nelson, a founding Recognition Professional International board member.
Great Ways To Show Your Employees Some Appreciation
- Be Flexible – Flexibility goes a long way in this virtual reality world. If possible with your industry, allowing a little flexibility can reap huge benefits when you need last-minute work done.
- A Thank You Note – When a job has been done well, a heartfelt, hand-written thank you means more than a slap on the back or an e-mail sent off at the end of the day.
- Team Effort Celebration – If the team pulled together and made it happen, reward them with an office pizza party, casual dress day or even close the office early so they can spend some well-earned time with family.
- Get Caught – Make sure the employee hears you telling someone else you thought they did a great job.
- Create a Culture of Encouragement – Employees who expand their horizons bring new skills to your workforce and will encourage others to do so too. Praise their achievements and encourage others to pursue their goals.
Reblogged this on PaperChain Blog.