National Employee Appreciation Day is observed annually on the first Friday in March. National Employee Appreciation Day was created in 1995 by Bob Nelson, a founding Recognition Professional International board member.
Great Ways To Show Your Employees Some Appreciation
- Be Flexible – Flexibility goes a long way in this virtual reality world. If possible with your industry, allowing a little flexibility can reap huge benefits when you need last-minute work done.
- A Thank You Note – When a job has been done well, a heartfelt, hand-written thank you means more than a slap on the back or an e-mail sent off at the end of the day.
- Team Effort Celebration – If the team pulled together and made it happen, reward them with an office pizza party, casual dress day or even close the office early so they can spend some well-earned time with family.
- Get Caught – Make sure the employee hears you telling someone else you thought they did a great job.
- Create a Culture of Encouragement – Employees who expand their horizons bring new skills to your workforce and will encourage others to do so too. Praise their achievements and encourage others to pursue their goals.