In sales, it’s only natural that we’re using email to set up calls, demos, and appointments. When I consult for my clients, tweaking their email copy is something we spend a ton of time on. The importance of email subject lines is well documented.Email subject lines are critical in order to ensure your message actually gets read. But what type of email call to action should you use to swiftly enhance deal progress with your prospects?
- Emails should be simple to understand and easy to answer.
- Keep emails short. Less than 5 sentences.
- Ask simple questions about your prospect.
- Focus on the email call-to-action.
Here are 23 simple email call-to-action examples that will help you get your prospects to respond.
- Please let me know by [DATE + 3 DAYS] if you are ready to [XYZ].
- What are the next steps on your end?
- My CEO is riding me pretty hard in regards to our partnership. What should I tell him?
- How does this sound to you?
- Just to confirm your next action is [XYZ]?
- I’m excited! Would else can I do to make this happen?
- What did you think of the [XYZ] I sent over?
- Realize you are swamped…should I chat with someone else on your team?
- Just to confirm your remaining action item is [XYZ]. Is that correct?
- What will it take to get 25 minutes on your calendar next week?
- Can you or someone on your team jump on a quick 14-minute call this week to explore?
- Are you still interested in [XYZ]?
- Sorry did I do something wrong or are you just super busy?
- Does teaming up with us make ANY sense for [COMPANY]?
- Whose name should I put on the paperwork?
- I’m eager to make this process super easy for you. What can I do to wrap things up smoothly on your end?
- [NAME], what do you need from me to get this done?
- Just to confirm we are waiting on [XYZ]?
- All you need to do is [XYZ] and we are set. When can you get that done, please?
- Will this work for you?
- What else do you need in order to make this work for you?
- Will you please email me on [DATE + 3 DAYS] to confirm [XYZ]?
- I will send you a calendar invite/reminder about finalizing that paperwork on [DATE + 3 DAYS]. Sound good?
Use these CTA’s to push opportunities from middle-of-funnel (MOFU) to bottom-of-funnel (BOFU). Simple calls-to-action keep the prospect engaged and keep you top of mind.
A killer use case for these CTA’s is in your automated outbound emails.