| If there is nearby boat access to a river or lake or perhaps a campground, nearby boat dealers and RV dealerships are also good prospects.
At Iowa Information, we publish our sections as broadside sections in process color in our N’West Iowa REVIEW. Here are possible story ideas for creating a “StayCation” sections:
1. A special food experience such as a picnic in the park with food from the local bakery and meat locker, a resident known for their unique potluck dish, or a resident who caters meals out of her home.
2. Local day trips such as museums, historic homes, and overnight campgrounds.
3. An interview with a senior citizen comparing family gatherings 50 years ago to the one’s today.
4. Interesting historical information about how the local golf course, city park or baseball field came into existence and how it got its name.
5. Why this year’s community celebration won’t happen, why it will be missed, and what might be done instead.
6. What the community is offering this summer for the youth and adult activities. Are there any new unique programs?
Reblogged this on PaperChain Blog.